Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Books!


I thought I would do a quick post on a couple other books I have read this month. The first one was referred to me by one of my friends. It is a Richard Paul Evans book and to be honest I haven't read any of his books since I read Christmas Box in like Junior High. This one is called Promise Me. Sticking with his theme is begins and ends on Christmas Eve. But really, it isn't much of a Christmas story. It is a about a woman who has been keeping a secret for almost twenty years. The secret begins on Christmas Eve 1989 and she is finally able to talk about it on Christmas Eve 2008. It is also about love, family, betrayal and forgiveness. It is a pretty good book and a extremely fast read. I read it in one day!


The next book is The False Friend by Myla Goldberg. I haven't ever read any of her books but found this on my library's website. I decided to give it a try and am glad I did. I would have to say it isn't the best book ever but it was a good read. I felt like I could relate to some of the things that were going on in this book. It is about a woman, Celia, who suddenly remembers the tragic events of her best friends abduction almost twenty years ago. The problem is, she remembers it differently than every else.

She and he friend had a love hate relationship in elementary. They were the queen bees of their click and definitely acted that way. When Celia remembers the day that happened so long ago she runs back to her home town and starts digging about what really happened to her friend. This is a story about the ruthlessness of girls and the long lasting effects it has on some of the victims. Like I said above it is a pretty good read, definitely not as fast of a read as Promise Me was though.


Happy Reading!
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment