Monday, November 8, 2010

Castle


My husband and I love the TV show Castle. It is a cop show, but it is different from the typical shows like that. It is about a book author who shadows a NY homicide detective. He brings a annoying, funny and different perspective to the detective's cases. Anyways, in the show they talk about the books that he writes based on this detective. So I decided to read the first one. Heat Wave is set up pretty much like the TV show so I found it entertaining and a good read. However, it is the first time I have read a book and would rather watch the TV version. I find the characters in the show funny and a little more entertaining that the book characters. They also have another book out called Naked Heat that sounds interesting also. Anyways, if you like the show or if you like murder mystery books, give this one a try.




I saw this book on my library's email for popular reads. It was interesting, but maybe not in the best way. I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters. It is about a 70 year old man, his 3rd wife (who is much younger) and a 15 year old girl. It goes back and forth each chapter between each of these characters. The man is having an affair with an even younger woman. The teenager just lost her mom in a car accident and is traveling across the country on her own. And the woman finds out that she was named as the guardian of the teenager and is torn on what to do and how to find her. Anyways, I would probably say that this book was just okay.





Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Jenna- I think you are so right about Heat Wave. Nathan Fillon just can't be done really well via book. I will have to send some books over that I like.

    ReplyDelete