Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finally reading again!

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! It was a busy holiday season, but I did find time to read a couple books over the holidays. Not as many as I would like but hopefully I can read more now that I am home and getting back into our routine.


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver was a surprisingly good read! I started this book expecting to have to push through it and to be let down by then end. Instead, I found myself looking forward to reading it every night and by the end, I wanted more! This book is about a teenage girl, Samantha, who is part of the "popular crowd". Her best friends are somewhat mean girls. They know who they are, and they know (or think they know) who is good enough to hang out with them. One night on the way home from a party the girls got in a car accident. Samantha remembers dieing in that crash but ends up waking up in her bed and reliving her last day over again. She is very confused and scared but slowly realizes why she needs to live this day over again. I would definitely recommend this book. It is a pretty easy and quick read, so give it a try!



Little Bee by Chris Cleave is also a really good book! It is a interesting story about a girl from Nigeria. She had seen some tough stuff during the oil wars and fled to London. She tracked down a couple she met during a horrid and unfortunate event back in Nigeria. This is not a true story but it does paint some horrifying pictures that could be happening in small villages. This book is also about the demons that people carry inside of themselves and how sometimes we can not get rid of them. I know this sounds totally depressing, but surprising it does have some cheer in it.


Happy Reading!
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment